How to Help a Friend Who Has An Invisible Illness
How do you help a friend who is chronically ill?
So frequently we hear what NOT to say. . . but here are some things that most people would like to hear. Sometimes it really is all about how you word it. Click the link below each graphic to find a short article explaining in more depth why this matters and how it can help a friend. If you would prefer to tweet these, we have a list all ready for you here.
Thanks to everyone who is pinning this for us! Want to pin some of the images on this page other than the default image? You can click on any article to get the specific image or you can use your Pinterest bookmarklet if you have it installed.
View all posts in this series
- Tweets! 20 Things to Say to an Ill Person
- How to Be a Fabulous Friend to Those with Illness
- How To Really Help Me When I Ask For Your Help
- “I Care About You” Important For Ill Friend To Hear
- Ask Ill Friend “I am Running An Errand. What Do You Need?”
- “Need to Vent?” Asks Understanding Friends of Those Who Are Ill
- “It’s Okay to Cry” Are Precious Words To Ill Friend
- “Beyond Casseroles” Provides Great Tools For Those Reaching Out to Hurting
- Tell a Chronically Ill Friend, “I Admire You”
- Bring a Meal to a Friend Who Is Ill – Not As Common As You Think
- An Ill Mom Appreciates Playdates For Her Kids
- How to Help a Friend Who Is Ill With Household Chores
- Prayer For A Friend With Illness Can Be Beneficial
- “I Will Listen” Is A Special Gift For Friend With Illness
- What to Know Before Telling An Ill Friend to Cheer Up!
- “How Can Our Church Help The Ill?” is Good Question
- Tell Me, What’s It Like To Be You For a Day?
- How To Bring Food To An Ill Friend Who May Be Embarrassed
- Ask Ill Friend How They’ve Come To Appreciate Life
- Wait With An Ill Friend While He Gets Test Results
- How to Help a Friend Who Has An Invisible Illness
- Ill Friends Know How To Listen, Not Just Say “Feel Better”
- Help An Ill Friend Get Stuff Done
- Is An Ill Friend Spiritual? Say, “Tell Me About God.”
- Video: What NOT to say to an ill person
- Ill Friends Can Teach One a Lot About Endurance
- When a Friend is Ill, The Right Words Are a Blessing